Phone Order Enhancement

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Phone Order Enhancement

Postby bakerman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:27 pm

I would like to see a enhancement for employees to enter orders manually from customers over the phone.

The closest thing we have seen to this is Lexiconn's Order Status Module, which allows us to add new phone orders. The downside is that it doesn't create it in ShopSite so there needs to be a way to deal with the order number discrepancies. (the order exists in the order status module but not in the ShopSite Orders tab)
bakerman

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:46 pm

If you are hosted with Lexiconn, you should check out their Quick Order module, it can help a customer (or an employee!) quickly create an order from a catalog or SKU list without having to find the items on your site first.

http://www.lexiconn.com/ecommerce/shopsite/quickorder_module.html

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby bakerman » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 pm

If you read my post, it says that we already tried it and it doesn't do exactly what we need.
bakerman

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:19 pm

No, you said you tried their "Order Status Module" which is a completely different thing.

I don't think your have tried the "Quick Order Module", because from what I read on their page, it helps you add lots of products at once to the ShopSite shopping cart so you then could complete a ShopSite order. So it doesn't sound to me like this is what you tried, based on your original description.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby bakerman » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:40 am

Loren,

You are right. I misread your reply :)

We tried the quick order module and it fits more of a catalog ordering business, and not what we want to use it for. It is easier to just add each product separately into the cart and checkout like a customer would.

What I am requesting is something that ShopSite has integrated into its backend control panel to do the same thing that Lexiconn has setup. The reason is so we can use the sequential order numbers assigned by ShopSite and not have to make our own up. Maybe this is a feature that only the Pro users have access to.

- Josh
bakerman

Return to Enhancement Requests