How can Shopsite not sales reports ?

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

How can Shopsite not sales reports ?

Postby ALEXANDRIA » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:54 pm

WISH LIST
You say you offer a wish list but what this does is takes your customer to another site to buy another companies product and the company hosting the wish list is getting paid by you the Shopsite customer to send them your customer list. IT TAKES YOUR CUSTOMER OFF YOUR SITE!

To have a real wish list you have to be hosted by the Shopsite hosting company and not by another hosting company which sells Shopsite.

COUPONS
The coupon feature is for one coupon per customer. Have you ever heard of a coupon for one customer. If you offer a coupon you can't do it by a date range, it has to be for one use only. If you do it by date range one customer can use the coupon numerous times. So if you don't buy the Shopsite add on you have customers using the same coupon over and over again.

SALES REPORTS - THIS IS THE BIG ONE!
When I went with the Shopsite cart I ASSUMED the number one rated shopping cart would have numerous sales reports. Only if you have a $5000.00 windows based add on can you have real sales reports or you can do a lot of work every time you need a sales or customer report.

FREE shopping carts have better sales reports and it is free. I wish I had stayed with my free cart. I can't now in this economy.

Shopsite has an forum with all the requests like this and nothing has been done for years to make it easier.

I have realized their whole game is to get you to buy and then hike up the price by making you buy all the add on programs to make your life not a living H----.

So please don't believe Shopsite has what they say you need.

Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:05 pm

For the wishlist, yes, customers are sent to WishPot which is a free wishlist service for users. This wishlist program allows customers to add products from multiple websites to a single wishlist. This is great for christmas lists and birthday lists where customers are creating wishlists for friends and family. It is not very common that all of their wishes are from the same store. However, there are some third party companies, such as LexiConn (who is a ShopSite Reseller Partner as well as does additional work such as creating add on modules) who have created wish list features which are specific to one store.
http://www.lexiconn.com/ecommerce/shops ... hlist.html

For coupons, yes, you are correct, ShopSite cannot check if a customer has already used a specific coupon or not. This is because the order total is provided to the customer before the customer enters any personal information. This is a good way to display information to a customer because there aren't any hidden fees; meaning that the customer does not have to begin the checkout process in order to see what their final total is, such as shipping total, tax total, etc. They will know the entire order total before they being the checkout process.

For more advanced reports, ShopSite has created a dashboard feature which is available in version 10 sp2. This dashboard feature is on the home page in your ShopSite back office. It displays many reports such as your recent orders, common searches, top products, sales, top customers, etc. ShopSite also has a built in integration with Google Analytics (which is a free service to merchants) where you can enable Google Analytics and track both the traffic on your website, as well as the sales coming through your website.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Still NO Product Sales reports

Postby ALEXANDRIA » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:09 pm

These all sound very nice, but you still are not giving a basic sales report on products sold unless you buy your expensive ad on products.

The ones you mentioned really mean nothing that is why you sell the expensive ad on software, which I can' t use as I am on a mac.

Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:10 pm

I am not sure which add-on software you are referring to. ShopSite does not sell any add-on software for reports.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

How can Shopsite not sales reports ?????????????????????????

Postby ALEXANDRIA » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:17 pm

You have to buy an accounting software and the connection software you sell to download orders which then are translated through the accounting software and delivered to that software by your connection software.

All to get a simple sales report because of the way the orders are downloaded. The products are not listed in one column, but strung across numerous columns in the downloaded orders.

Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA

Re: How can Shopsite not sales reports ?????????????????????

Postby ALEXANDRIA » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:21 am

Lauren,

You never answered this question? :(

You have to buy an accounting software and the connection software you sell to download orders which then are translated through the accounting software and delivered to that software by your connection software.

All to get a simple sales report because of the way the orders are downloaded. The products are not listed in one column, but strung across numerous columns in the downloaded orders.

Alexandria
ALEXANDRIA

Re: How can Shopsite not sales reports ?????????????????????

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:36 am

Please outline in detail what you are wanting to get in the way of sales reports. It really doesn't do any good to keep complaining about the features you feel ShopSite doesn't have. What is needed is your input on how those features can be implemented.

What version of ShopSite are you using? The latest version ShopSite 10 sp2 has a dashboard which can be configured to show top selling products, which customers have bought the most and many other stats for your store.

Also when you post in all caps (as your name is) or long strings of ? marks (like in the title of this post) it is as if you are shouting. A little bit of niceness goes a long way in influencing the developers to implement features that might be of use to you and other ShopSite merchants. Multiple postings with the same rants aren't necessary either a single posting would suffice to get your message across.
Jim
Site Admin

Shopsite does not have simple sales reports

Postby ALEXANDRIA » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Please outline in detail what you are wanting to get in the way of sales reports. It really doesn't do any good to keep complaining about the features you feel What is needed is your input on how those features can be implemented.
What version of ShopSite are you using? The latest version ShopSite 10 sp2 has a dashboard which can be configured to show top selling products, which customers have bought the most and many other stats for your store.

Using Shopsite 10 sp2. Yes, it can tell me top selling products, don't need this as a sales report would do this and tell me how many of units each product within a month sold and total sales for this product. The total for this product and all products within a time period and the total for the month which would be the same number on the page summary report. Which it isn't now.

To get a simple sales report for a month takes me 6 hours. Why because I have to download Product Name, Product SKU, Unit Price, Quantity and Extended Price. Then I have to copy and paste every transaction so they are all in the same rows. Shopsite takes each order and extends each products bought in an order for Product Name,Product SKU, Unit Price, Quantity and Extended Price across the spreadsheet and not down the spreadsheet. Actually there are more but I only need these to get the report I need. So for each product sold I have to copy and paste the information so they all line up. Then I have to go back and separate each product so I can total each product sold and total money collected for each product sold. With over a hundred products it takes time.

I am on a Mac. So I have to buy another computer or a PC clone 200 dollars and buy QuickBooks Pro or higher in Microsoft which is 300 then I have to buy your order transfer software which is another 300. Already pay monthly for your shopping cart. To except a shopping cart to give you a report of units sold of a product and the total collected from this product and total for a certain period of time is not asking a lot. To get this report even if I was on a PC it would cost another 800 on top of the monthly fees. Just to get the simple report I could get from open source shopping cart.

Just can't believe I didn't notice Shopsite didn't do this kind of simple report I was use to getting from free software. I wanted my next store to have the best and as you have been rated #1 it never ever occurred to me you wouldn't have a simple sales report the free open source x-cart had.

How could the number one rated shopping cart not have all kinds of reports you can drill down on to see what is going on in your store. Do you see why I am so disappointed?http://support.shopsite.com/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=7918#
ALEXANDRIA

Shopsite does not have simple sales reports

Postby ALEXANDRIA » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Please outline in detail what you are wanting to get in the way of sales reports. It really doesn't do any good to keep complaining about the features you feel What is needed is your input on how those features can be implemented.

Using Shopsite 10 sp2. Yes, it can tell me top selling products, don't need this as a sales report would do this and tell me how many of units each product within a month sold and total sales for this product. The total for this product and all products within a time period and the total for the month which would be the same number on the page summary report. Which it isn't now.

To get a simple sales report for a month takes me 6 hours. Why because I have to download Product Name, Product SKU, Unit Price, Quantity and Extended Price. Then I have to copy and paste every transaction so they are all in the same rows. Shopsite takes each order and extends each products bought in an order for Product Name,Product SKU, Unit Price, Quantity and Extended Price across the spreadsheet and not down the spreadsheet. Actually there are more but I only need these to get the report I need. So for each product sold I have to copy and paste the information so they all line up. Then I have to go back and separate each product so I can total each product sold and total money collected for each product sold. With over a hundred products it takes time.

I am on a Mac. So I have to buy another computer or a PC clone 200 dollars and buy QuickBooks Pro or higher in Microsoft which is 300 then I have to buy your order transfer software which is another 300. Already pay monthly for your shopping cart. To except a shopping cart to give you a report of units sold of a product and the total collected from this product and total for a certain period of time is not asking a lot. To get this report even if I was on a PC it would cost another 800 on top of the monthly fees. Just to get the simple report I could get from open source shopping cart.

Just can't believe I didn't notice Shopsite didn't do this kind of simple report I was use to getting from free software. I wanted my next store to have the best and as you have been rated #1 it never ever occurred to me you wouldn't have a simple sales report the free open source x-cart had.

How could the number one rated shopping cart not have all kinds of reports you can drill down on to see what is going on in your store. Do you see why I am so disappointed?
ALEXANDRIA

Return to Enhancement Requests