Shopping Cart Page

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Shopping Cart Page

Postby hotlobstah » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:32 am

If you could duplicate the Shopping Cart page for Newegg.com(I do a lot of online shopping-as well as own online stores, and theirs is the best I've seen) Please check it out

The features that I really like are:
Shipping Calculator: They have a simple box for entering the zip code then a drop down menu for the options. Also, there is a pop up box at the bottom of the page a customer can click on for an explanation of the shipping options.

Policies They have a box running down the left margin with a quick version of their purchase policies with a link to the full version.

Clean With all the info on this page it is still clean and seamless

Fast The checkout process is lightning fast-whereas my shopsite store is the slowest store I've ever used(it ranges from pretty slow to excruciating)
hotlobstah

Re: Shopping Cart Page

Postby Jim » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:53 am

We do read these posts and consider suggestions in them.

If your ShopSite store is slow it is not because of ShopSite! Either your connection to the server is slow or the server itself is slow or overloaded. If you are hosting at one of the low price hosting companies you may want to consider moving to a host that provides better performance. The low price hosting companies generally cram hundreds or thousands of websites on a single server and limits the process time that each has which makes things slow. This may not be bad if you have a very small store but if you want the best performance from your store you would be better off at a host that may charge a little more but will provide service and server speed to meet your needs.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby mjbrunelle » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:41 am

I have to agree with Jim.

The site is nothing special that can not be produced with the available tools and methods provided by ShopSite. It is a very simple page and can be produced in a reasonable amount of time through custom templates, a little javascript and PHP.

MarkB
mjbrunelle

Postby hotlobstah » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:38 am

Jim wrote:We do read these posts and consider suggestions in them.

If your ShopSite store is slow it is not because of ShopSite! Either your connection to the server is slow or the server itself is slow or overloaded. If you are hosting at one of the low price hosting companies you may want to consider moving to a host that provides better performance. The low price hosting companies generally cram hundreds or thousands of websites on a single server and limits the process time that each has which makes things slow. This may not be bad if you have a very small store but if you want the best performance from your store you would be better off at a host that may charge a little more but will provide service and server speed to meet your needs.

Just to follow up-I contacted Fatcow and they stated it was the Shopsite servers causing the excruciatingly slow performance. Anyway, I must have like 50 support tickets on this issue with Fatcow and it's just never been resolved-no clue over there. I've basically given up and was looking for another ecommerce solution when completely out of the blue my Shopsite stores are BLAZING FAST-uncanny really. I've had 5 Shopsite stores for years and thought navigating the back office to check an order was always at least a 5 minute process-now takes milliseconds and the same goes with the checkout process-I'm completely blown away! Anyhow, I'd like know what caused the performance increase-and convey this info to Fatcow if the problem arises again.
hotlobstah

Return to Enhancement Requests