Modal Support / Resizing of More Image Fields

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Modal Support / Resizing of More Image Fields

Postby adsol » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm not sure if this has been requested yet but the new multiple images for a product is great and is long awaited.

There is only one problem. The included image carousel, while not bad, causes the images to open in a popup window. It would be nice if there was an option to us a modal (such as lightbox).

Even if a modal option cannot be added, please give designers a way to access the re sized versions of the more images fields. Currently when you access a more image field directly the full size image comes up and there is no way to access a re sized version to generate a thumbnail. This is a must to allow designers to access thumbnail versions so we can create our own modals. We are currently still stuck using the extra fields to produce modals.

Thanks! :D
adsol

Re: Modal Support / Resizing of More Image Fields

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:11 am

I do think that this would be a nice option to allow merchants to choose how the largest size image is displayed. There is a work around for this currently, but it requires that all your images be in the same directory (for example all in the media directory, or all product images in a subdirectory such as media/products). You can then use a tag to pull the multiple images directly. Below I have included the tags to create the URL to each size image for the multiple images feature.

Smallest - [-- OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_URL --]/media/ss_size3/[-- IMAGE Product.MoreInfoImage1 --]
Medium - [-- OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_URL --]/media/ss_size2/[-- IMAGE Product.MoreInfoImage1 --]
Large - [-- OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_URL --]/media/ss_size1/[-- IMAGE Product.MoreInfoImage1 --]
Original (Largest) - [-- OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_URL --]/media/[-- IMAGE Product.MoreInfoImage1 --]

You can replace "1" with any number up to "20."
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Re: Modal Support / Resizing of More Image Fields

Postby adsol » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks Lauren,
I am aware of that workaround but one of the nice things about SS is the ability to have a image directory for each type of product. On a large store with 1000's of items that change every quarter, a all the images in one place won't work.... even more so when the client is managing their own store.
adsol

Return to Enhancement Requests