Free shipping options

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Free shipping options

Postby mwsupply » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:23 am

We would like to be able to Exclude certain items from Free shipping options. If we do a store wide Free Shipping Coupon, I would like to be able to check off larger items and exclude them from the free shipping option. Also if the free shipping option is enabled without a coupon, we would also like to be able to exclude but add shipping for certain products.

Thank you,

Tommy Boyer
wardrobesupplies.com
mwsupply

Re: Free shipping options

Postby Lee.K » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:07 pm

I'd like to vote for adding this option also. I often offer free shipping but need to exclude certain bulky and sale items.
ShopSite® Pro 12 sp2 r1
Lee.K

Postby specialtygraphics » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:18 pm

I also agree that this option is needed. We offer free shipping for orders over $199 but we would like to exclude some large bulky items and some special order dropship items.
specialtygraphics

Postby Lee.K » Thu May 03, 2012 11:50 am

I'm just wondering if there's any way to find out if the developers are considering a suggestion such as this to be added to a future update?
ShopSite® Pro 12 sp2 r1
Lee.K

Postby Jim » Thu May 03, 2012 12:51 pm

All posts to the enhancement forum are looked at when we start planning the features for a new release. We don't post which features will be in upcoming versions because there is always a chance that a feature slated for a release will have to be dropped for some reason.

There are a number of things that are considered when evaluating a proposed enhancement including, how many merchants would use the feature, affect it would have on other areas of the product, how severe the problems caused by the issue are, how complicated the feature would be to implement, how the end shopper is affected by the issue and lastly if we have engineers that are available to work on the issue who aren't working on more critical issues.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Lee.K » Fri May 04, 2012 11:26 am

Jim,

Thanks for the info. It all made sense when I first read it, but then just one day later you answered a different enhancement request with the following...

"This is listed as an enhancement request for a future version. It will not be in the very next release (11sp2 to be released in the near future) but possibly the following one."

So in one case, you won't supply information on whether or not a request is being considered, and basically state that as policy, but in the very next post, you confirm that the enhancement will likely be implemented at some time. Reading between the lines, should I take that to mean that this request is not being considered? BTW, I know that you probably can't answer.
ShopSite® Pro 12 sp2 r1
Lee.K

Postby gmgottlieb » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 pm

I want to add my voice to those asking for this feature. We, too, have larger, heavy items that we want to exclude from the "free shipping" option. PLEASE add this feature soon!!
gmgottlieb

Postby MBM » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:44 pm

I just bought Shopsite and have been generally pleased with the config so far. I'm very surprised that with all the flexibility in the shipping settings, there is no "Exempt from Free Shipping" setting for over sized or overweight items. Until this is added I won't be listing large items.

Please add this feature.

Scott Moore
Moore Brothers Music
Scott Moore
Moore Brothers Music
www.moorebrothersmusic.com
MBM

Re: Free shipping options *** BUMP ***

Postby Lee.K » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:55 pm

It's been quite a while since this topic was started and still no definitive updates from ShopSite.

Exclusions to Free shipping is a very important feature that would seemingly be simple to implement. Please remember there are users that have been patiently waiting for this!
ShopSite® Pro 12 sp2 r1
Lee.K

Postby Lee.K » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:45 pm

I just read the list of new features in V12 and don't see anything regarding this request. It seems so easy to add a field that could be checked and if true simply overrides the free shipping. Even if for some reason you couldn't process the free shipping on the rest of the order if even one item isn't eligible, I'd be OK with that - I could always instruct my customers to separate their orders.

Will this ever be implemented? Please reconsider this!!!
ShopSite® Pro 12 sp2 r1
Lee.K

Return to Enhancement Requests