UPS Insurance Charges

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

UPS Insurance Charges

Postby subtool » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:18 am

There isn't any way to add UPS insurance charges to the shipping costs. At $0.75 per $100 it's a lot of money not to recoup.
subtool

Re: UPS Insurance Charges

Postby JPW2105 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:46 pm

A little bump as I've just come up with the whole insurance nightmare... I would have thought that it woul dhave been added on also. Right now, it seems fairly pointless to have a shipping calculator if it doesn't calulcate the whole figure.
JPW2105

Postby BFChris » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:37 am

You could use Base + handling charges to account for the insurance.

Under Commerce Setup--Shipping--Handling Charges.

You would set it up as Base $0 + Subtotal x $0.75.

It wouldn't be exact, but it would be close.
~~Barefoot Chris
--------------------------------
Barefoot Chris Web Design
www.barefootchris.net
--------------------------------
BFChris

Postby Lee.K » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm migrating my store to SS. I charge $2.95 for packing and handling per order so I'll simply make my formula $2.95 + Subtotal x $0.0075 (Actually just went up to 80 cents). The first problem is UPS charges a minimum of $2.40 for insurance if the order amount is between $100 and $400.

Second problem is I'm using the UPS Shipping Carrier setup to quote UPS rates, but I also want to offer Pick Up in addition to shipping via UPS. I set up just a single Flat Shipping choice for Pick Up. For Pick Up I don't charge a packing fee or any insurance. To get around the packing fee I just make the flat rate -2.95 and that negates the base handling charge. But how can I negate the insurance calculation?

ShopSite really needs a separate option to include insurance. It would be so easy to pass the subtotal amount to the UPS API to return the shipping including insurance.
ShopSite® Pro 12 sp2 r1
Lee.K

Return to Enhancement Requests