Use website as instore Point of Sale

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Use website as instore Point of Sale

Postby thecandyflorist » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:28 pm

I have had a site for 10 years (shopsite for 5) and now have a walkin store. Instead of a separate pos system I would like to offer all our site has to walkins paying by cash or credit. I was considering an online POS called Immongo. They allow you to swipe card and capture info fro the card stripe into the screen. then you can process card. For now a customer has to tell us their info and we type it in. We have a payment option called instore cash/credit. Next step would be for shopsite to read the card swipe (like http://www.imonggo.com). It reads it but does not capute the data accurately. Just taking the next step and allowing the custom payment option the have fields to capture the card number etc would make shopsite the only real dual point of sale website.
thecandyflorist

Re: Use website as instore Point of Sale

Postby thecandyflorist » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Authorize.net has a card present interface to swipe card. Can this be integrated into a shopsite checkout page?

Card Present Integration
Hardware and software developers that serve retail and mobile merchants use the Card Present API.When merchants and shoppers are in the same physical location, merchants need a Card Present (CP) payment solution.

Merchants can leverage the speed of the Internet to authorize credit card transactions in as little as three seconds. Using Authorize.Net with an Internet Protocol (IP) enabled point-of-sale (POS) system gives you a far more efficient and reliable solution than dial-up systems.

IP-based POS systems offer several advantages:

Faster Checkout Times - Improve customer satisfaction by speeding up checkout lines.
Reduce Costs - Eliminate multiple dedicated telephone lines to reduce telecom expenses, while consolidating service costs for broadband.
Increased Productivity - Simplify the integration of payment information into your enterprise applications.
Card Present Integration Guide (PDF) This document provides partners and developers with information about the technical specifications and features of the Card Present integration to the payment gateway.
Quick Start Learn how to integrate with the Card Present API in 15 minutes or less.

Spotlighted Discussions
Capture an additional amount without swiping a card (Card-Present method)

by tanin47
Selecting the best API(s) (.NET Website and POS through webservices)

by cceccanti
Recommendations for best method for my needs?

by r3jjs
More blog posts | More forum posts
thecandyflorist

Return to Enhancement Requests