Local Pick-up

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Local Pick-up

Postby hiamps » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:52 am

It would be nice to have a button in shipping for our local customers to have a "Local Pick-up" or maybe "Will Call". If we put anything on there with free shipping no matter how we explain people will still pick it then it creates all kinds of calls and cancelled orders. We have a customer comment box but my help seems to miss that a lot and pack the order anyway. I can't be there right now and would bet others would like this feature....

Pete
www.swanscandles.com
hiamps

Re: Local Pick-up

Postby ShopSite Lauren » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Pete, I would suggest adding a ShopSite flat rate shipping option to your list of shipping options, that is called "In Store Pick-Up." Have that option be the last option in the list, so the default is regular shipping.
- ShopSite Lauren
Contact me for help with any of your
custom ShopSite template questions.
ShopSite Lauren

Postby Jim » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:43 pm

You might want to check out this forum post, http://support.shopsite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8821&p=23062&hilit=javascript+shipping#p23062 which links to a Lexiconn forum post with info on how to restrict shipping options in the shopping cart.

This could be used to limit checkout with your local pickup option to shopper's whose zipcodes are within a reasonable distance from your store location.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby honeyfree » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:42 am

We have a customer comment box but my help seems to miss that a lot and pack the order anyway. I can't be there right now and would bet others would like this feature....
"Honey"
honeyfree

Postby hiamps » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:40 pm

A will call button would still be an awesome feature.....
hiamps

Return to Enhancement Requests