Replying to Reviews

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Replying to Reviews

Postby Paula » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:16 pm

I love the Reviews function. It would be nice, as the shop owner, to be able to respond to customer reviews. Would it be possible to add this function at some point? Thanks.
Paula

Re: Replying to Reviews

Postby Jim » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:49 pm

How do you mean respond to the reviews? Send an email to the reviewer? Post another review that references the review you are responding to?
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Paula » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:35 pm

I would like to "Post another review that references the review you are responding to?" on the website so everyone can see.
Paula

Postby Paula » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 pm

So do you think this is something that could be added in the future? I would like to be able to reply below the buyer's comment. Thanks.
Paula

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 pm

It will be added as an enhancement request but it will depend on how it compares to other scheduled work as to when it would be implemented. It probably would not be done for a patch release as it would involve changes to the interface.

You can always add another review and reference the other review in your comments. I have seen this done by putting @username at the start of the comments in some forum posts.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby Pianoshowcase » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:35 pm

This would be a fantastic feature as many customers are completely satisifed and have wonderful things to say about their products and /or experience shopping with us. Often times a customer will ask a question in their review. It would be extremely helpful for future customers to see answers to these.
Pianoshowcase

Postby kathleen » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:28 pm

We also need the ability to respond to reviews. Currently since we cannot comment, we lean toward not posting reviews that have errors in them because it is too confusing to our customers. Adding a merchant response feature would be a great benefit to the store owners and allow us to provide a great service to our customers. Thanks.
kathleen

Postby ShopSite David » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:18 am

Merchants can now respond to reviews in ShopSite v12 sp3.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to Enhancement Requests