SHIPPING RATES - ADJUST INDIVIDUALLY vs GLOBAL

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

SHIPPING RATES - ADJUST INDIVIDUALLY vs GLOBAL

Postby Bearwood » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 am

I would find the ability to adjust real time rates individually for Ground vs Air extremely useful. I think this would apply to most vendors. A "global" discount per carrier does not work for us. We subsidize our ground rates by about 30% in North America. We cannot subsidize priority and air shipments which could easily cost us more than the value of the entire shipment. In order to get around this limitation we are currently forced to use 2 carriers on our websites One carrier has only ground shipments enabled with adjusted discount rate while the other has only air services enabled at our cost. It would be much better for our customers and the look of our websites if we could offer the full range of shipping options per carrier.

Thank you for considering this enhancement.
Bearwood

Re: SHIPPING RATES - ADJUST INDIVIDUALLY vs GLOBAL

Postby stive951 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Wow its almost 2013 and they have not upgraded this important feature. I second all the previous requests. Is their a 3rd party software that will this for us?
stive951

Re: SHIPPING RATES - ADJUST INDIVIDUALLY vs GLOBAL

Postby kayakooc » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:42 pm

We gave up on shopsite shipping API and had it coded for us by Mike Masin
He did a great job and it was under $1000 I believe. We knew what we wanted and made it easy for him which saved us money.
I would recommend this because it gave us the options we wanted and allows for future changes.
Mike Masin <mmasin@atstuff.com>
kayakooc

Return to Enhancement Requests