Consolidate Quantity of Same Items in Cart

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Consolidate Quantity of Same Items in Cart

Postby fhwu » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:15 am

ShopSite adds a new line item when shoppers order multiples of an item by clicking the Buy button each time. This causes confusion at the warehouse level, when packers see the same items duplicated on an order. Even the warehouse software is set up to flag for seemingly redundant items). There is already a discussion forum on this, and while there are reasons not to do it, there are reasons to do it as well. It is standard on other carts. It should be an option for ShopSite.

Here is the discussion link. http://support.shopsite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8339
fhwu

Re: Consolidate Quantity of Same Items in Cart

Postby Kennedy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:55 am

At the very least it should be an option that can be enabled/disabled by the individual stores. The software we use processes the orders from the website, and removes duplicate line items. I have a request in to them to prevent that, but until they can release a new version (who knows when), and if they include that in the new version (maybe / maybe not), the orders in Shopsite would be very much improved to have this as an option. It also looks unprofessional imo to have multiple lines of the same item. Go to 'macys.com' and add the same item to the cart twice, and watch what happens. I hate to reference larger companies as a model for what I want my cart to look and act like, but they're not the only ones.
Kennedy

Postby jnarayan » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:25 am

Just a thought. This is something we at Ordoro ran into during our early days of integration with Shopsite. We had to put in additional logic in the Shopsite integration module to ensure that we don't discard these lines as duplicate entries. Instead our order management screen aggregates the "duplicate" lines and shows just one line so that the warehouse employees don't get confused while picking the order.

I agree that all the other shopping carts we are integrated to treat this as one aggregated line.
Jagath Narayan
Ordoro : Web based order management for Shopsite merchants
www.ordoro.com
jnarayan

Postby ShopSite David » Wed May 16, 2012 2:24 pm

In ShopSite v11 sp2 you now have the option for the cart to automatically combine multiple line items of the same product into one line item (if there are no order options.)
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to Enhancement Requests