Back office product search: search multiple parameters

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Back office product search: search multiple parameters

Postby dlundell » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:54 am

Hi,

It would be extremely useful to be able to search one's product database by more than one parameter (name, SKU, etc). For example, let's say I want to find all products that contain the word 'jacket' and have Brand containing 'Patagonia'. Or, SKU contains 'SHOE' and Sale Price is not blank. You get the picture. Right now, it's only possible to Power Edit on a single parameter - which is quite limiting.

The assign products to a page function has this functionality, sort of (it'd be a bit clunky for product search, but it's a thought). A better way might be sort of like in the Shopsite (phpBB) forums, to narrow down the first search results with a new search (and so on). Or... just allow multiple search parameters in a products search.

Any thoughts on this enhancement?

Thanks,

Don
dlundell

Re: Back office product search: search multiple parameters

Postby dlundell » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:12 am

I'd add to this request: the ability to apply multiple parameters when attaching products to a page. Right now for example, I'm trying to figure out how to assign 1. all shoes that 2. have a sale price set and 3. aren't obsolete (not a particular template name). As far as I can tell it can't be done, short of some very messy database downloading, hacking, then uploading.

Don
dlundell

Return to Enhancement Requests