How to use The Shopping Page created

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

How to use The Shopping Page created

Postby virtualtutor » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:28 pm

I have been building my website for 3 years. I am now ready to sell some how-to videos. Some one suggested Blue Host. I signed with them for the extra file storage I will need with these videos that my main host doesn't have.

I signed up for Shopsite and even practiced making a store using shopsite. My question is: Once I make a store how does a person download the video after they have purchased it?

I hope I make since. Everything seems to be floating in cyber space and I need to sell videos and other printed material through downloads in order to make some money.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Rene
Reading Cornerstone where Reading is the Cornerstone to Success
www.readingcornerstone.com
virtualtutor

Re: How to use The Shopping Page created

Postby Jim » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:03 pm

The way to handle downloadible products is with the Digital Download feature that is only in the Pro version of ShopSite. With that version you upload the files to the server where your store is hosted and when the item is purchased a link is provided for them to download the file. The download files must be on the same server where the store is hosted, they cannot be on a different server. You can read the help for the Digital download feature at http://www.shopsite.com/help/11.1/en-US/sc/pro/digital.download.files.html
Jim
Site Admin

Re: How to use The Shopping Page created

Postby virtualtutor » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:19 am

Thanks for this help.

Rene
virtualtutor

Return to Enhancement Requests