Product - more Info Pages not Styling Correctly

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Product - more Info Pages not Styling Correctly

Postby David » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi,

When ShopSite creates a more info page for a product, the page does not style correctly in Internet Explorer 8. The sidebar drops to the bottom of the page, the header & footer are incorrect, the text is wrong..... the list goes on.

How can this be corrected? The more info page looks ok in FireFox, but in IE8 it looks nothing like the rest of the site.

Thanks,

David
David

Re: Product - more Info Pages not Styling Correctly

Postby Jim » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:16 pm

You don't say what template you are using. Is it one of the ShopSite provided templates or one you (or someone else) made?

You could do a web search for IE 8 browser compatibility issues and see if anything is mentioned by others. I know that every version of IE has some compatibility issue and you might need to add code to the pages to force IE browsers to open in with a certain compatibility version turned on.

PS.
The best solution is to put a message on your page and encourage shoppers to install Firefox.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby David » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi Jim,

I'm using ShopSite's texturize template in version: Pro 10 r7.4

If you go to this more info page on my site then back to the main site you will see what I'm talking about. http://925sterlingsilverjewelry.us/store/N1080.html

I have already put coding in the header for compatiblity issues (because that is the only place I can put it, I'm hosted/software on Ipower.com), but it makes no differance.

I appreciate the help!

David
David

Postby Jim » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:18 am

I'll have to have some one in the office try it. I run Linux on my desktop machines so IE won't run on them. (I followed the PS part of my last post. ;-) )
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Enhancement Requests