Order Anywhere to include cross marketing

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

Order Anywhere to include cross marketing

Postby DynEng » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:09 pm

I want to use the cross marketing tools within our own web pages. When I set-up the cross marketing products they do not show up in the code that I paste into my HTML for that product - only on the shopsite storefront.

The obvious work around is to paste in the shopsite order anywhere code for the other products on that page - my sites product page - but that causes other problems since the price offsets are included in that code. We have some accessories that would get pasted onto many many higher level product pages. If I update the pricing for the accessory page I would have to go and paste it into all of the calling data pages as well... not a very good design.

So either fix the paste in code to not need to include the price offsets so I can paste in multiple places without a maintenance issue or update the coding to bring in the links for the other products defined elsewhere. I would prefer the second approach so the formatting is not also at risk - I would assume the prices could change but if I add features or remove something I would be back to the update all of the pages situation again. We have more than 100 products so this becomes a pain rather quickly.

Thanks!

Obviously if there is some way to accomplish what I want to do already in place - please send me the details so I can try it out.
DynEng

Re: Order Anywhere to include cross marketing

Postby Jim » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:50 pm

What version of ShopSite do you have 10x, 11, 11sp1, 11sp2 etc. and which product level Pro, Manager or Starter?
This info can be found in the backoffice of your store by clicking on the ShopSite tab above the navbar and then looking in the footer of the page that loads.

Version 11sp2 added an Iframe option to the Order Anywhere functionality. It would probably do what you are wanting to do.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby DynEng » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:31 am

thanks Jim. I seem to have version 10. We are hosted via Verio. I saw a button to update the site. Is that safe to push? I am not sure what "level" we have and for this feature we can upgrade if needed.
DynEng

Postby DynEng » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:36 am

I get this message when I try to use the upgrade shopsite to version 11 button. "Unable to copy ShopSite store.auth file from ShopSite data directory" Any suggestions?
DynEng

Postby Jim » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:25 pm

You will need to contact your host for assistance with an upgrade.
Jim
Site Admin

Postby DynEng » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:44 am

Hi Jim,

I took a little while, but I have ShopSite Pro 11 running at Verio now. I looked through the help function but did not see how to use cross linking on my webpages - with the order anywhere system. I have selected a couple of products and I have selected the visibility to be "yes" and I suspect it would show on the "storefront" version at this point. Please point me in the right direction for making this work on my pages using the order anywhere html code.

thanks

Keith
DynEng

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Which revision of ShopSite 11 do you have?
The iframe method was added to ShopSite 11sp1, os if you have the original ShopSite 11.0 you won't have the feature.

To get the code for the iframe go to Merchandising > Order Anywhere, select a product and click Show Code. On the screen that displays there should be 3 buttons, Show Html, Show URLs, Show embed. Click the Show Embed button. On the left will be a window with the code to paste to your page, on the Right is a preview of what it will look like. Note that it uses a custom template which is very basic. You may want to create your own template (using the default one as an example) and add what ever features you might want. I don't know if cross-sell items will be accessible to this code but I think that subproducts probably would so you could also look into using subproducts as cross marketing. Note that the code on the left includes the template name so if you change what template is used you will also need to change any Order Anywhere links for that product.
Jim
Site Admin

Return to Enhancement Requests