MySql database

Request and discuss enhancements to ShopSite

MySql database

Postby mtgotraders » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:27 pm

I would like to see shopsite move over to a mySQL database system. The current system causes me a lot of problems and headaches because i have over 10,000 items on my site and everytime I get a database error I have to do a restore instead of being able to manually fix it myself.
mtgotraders

Postby mtgotraders » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:10 pm

Does anyone know if shopsite is planning on adding a mySQL option in the future?
mtgotraders

We would prefer MySql

Postby Oldedit » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:40 pm

As a Shopsite Pro user, we'd prefer MySql and PHP, which are what we have on our server for our Expression Engine content management system and our vBulletin message board.
Total web site is in Shopsite. Also blog in Expression Engine and Run a vBulletin board. Looking for ways to sell more stuff.
Oldedit

Postby stilfx » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:56 am

I'd also have to agree. I'd also prefer PHP and MySQL. Although, I think that would mean a total re-write?
stilfx

Postby beley » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:04 am

We develop a lot of applications using PHP and MySQL, but I have to disagree. While I do think MySQL would be a welcome addition, it would add complexity to the install process and potentially slow-down the backend, depending on what other databases were running on your server. It is using a database, SQLite.

If you're looking for a PHP/MySQL shopping cart, you might want to look at some other solutions. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of them out there. I don't see the powers at be ditching 10 years of work and starting from scratch anytime soon.
Brandon Eley
Certified ShopSite Designer
beley

Re: MySql database

Postby mtgotraders » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Just wanted to give this a bump and see if anything has changed over the last 6 years. I would still like this as we are having to do a TON of work arounds for our shop.
mtgotraders

Re: MySql database

Postby BFChris » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:54 am

If you really want to keep using Shopsite but also want PHP/MySQL flexibility in designing your site, you may want to try out Lexiconn's Shopsite MySQL DB Add-on module:

http://www.lexiconn.com/ecommerce/shopsite/mysql-module.html

It syncs Shopsite's SQLite database to a separate MySQL DB which can be manipulated as needed. Syncs between the two can be scheduled or run on demand.
~~Barefoot Chris
--------------------------------
Barefoot Chris Web Design
www.barefootchris.net
--------------------------------
BFChris

Return to Enhancement Requests