New Google Analytics Tracking Code / Tag Manager Support?

General ShopSite user discussion

New Google Analytics Tracking Code / Tag Manager Support?

Postby beley » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:10 am

Are there any plans to upgrade the Google Analytics tracking to include the new Google Analytics tracking code to support the advanced analytics, or to support Google Tag Manager?

All of my orders are not being recorded in Google Analytics and it's been suggested that Google Tag Manager could help with that. About 20% of our orders are missing from Google Analytics, which is seriously skewing our conversion rate, cart abandonment and other reports.

Thanks
Brandon Eley
Certified ShopSite Designer
beley

Re: New Google Analytics Tracking Code / Tag Manager Support

Postby ShopSite David » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Looks like the Google Tag Manager JS code is placed in the body and then you manipulate that code on the Google side with your own Tag Account. According to Google they are trying to help you avoid needing the Web Master to update any code on the web site, thus you get to by-pass them. So you could easily place that code today in ShopSite generated pages (use any of the text fields) and see if that solves your missing order analytics. Note: there are many ways for the customer to not be tracked by Google, including disabling javascript, using no-script (a browser-addon), some ad-blocking software, or the do-not-track feature of browsers.

Are you also asking that we have a setting to add the Google Tag Manager code to all ShopSite generated pages?
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Re: New Google Analytics Tracking Code / Tag Manager Support

Postby ultra1bob » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:54 pm

Here it's 2018, but ShopSite David almost answers my question in 2016.

He says: Are you also asking that we have a setting to add the Google Tag Manager code to all ShopSite generated pages?
ShopSite David
Site Admin

So in the latest ShopSite, how do I insert the Google Tag code?
ultra1bob

Return to User Forum