Setting up a Coupon to offer a free item, every $X spent

General ShopSite user discussion

Setting up a Coupon to offer a free item, every $X spent

Postby Rgkopchak » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:01 pm

I am looking to activate a promotion along the lines of "If you spend $X, receive an item free".

Seems pretty straightforward to set up a minimum cart value of X, and then choose a list of products that would be at 100% discount.

My question is, can I set this up to be repeatable on the same order, and if so, can I limit it?

So I want a customer to be able to do it up to 5 times in an order (so 5 free items if you spend 5 times X), but not more than 5.

Is this possible, and if so, what is the best way to handle it?

Thanks in advance.
Rgkopchak

Re: Setting up a Coupon to offer a free item, every $X spent

Postby cyoung » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:03 am

We don't currently have a feature that would do this.

If by subscribers you mean customers who register via Customer Registration, see Commerce > Customer Registration > Configure and in the Confirmation E-mail section see the setting for "Offer one time coupon".
cyoung

Postby Rgkopchak » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:20 am

Can't do this at all, or just can't limit? Can a coupon be applied multiple times to an order to take advantage of a "Spend $125 get X"?

Thanks in advance.
Rgkopchak

Postby cyoung » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am

You could try setting up a rewards program, but that is more like buy this many of these qualifying products and get this other product free. Rewards Help http://help.shopsite.com/help/14.0/en-US/sc/pro/add.reward.html

You could setup more than one coupon for the different price points in increments up to the total you are willing to apply discounts for, and configure the coupons to only allow one coupon per order to be applied to the cart.

For example:
#1 coupon would provide discount x for a cart value of $125
#2 coupon would provide a discount 2x for a cart value of $250
#3 coupon would provide a discount of 3x for a cart value of $375
etc...

You would also need to make coupons available to your customers by either providing them with the coupon links or code.
cyoung

Return to User Forum