Taxjar Functions

General ShopSite user discussion

Taxjar Functions

Postby pci » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:09 pm

I upgraded to V14 so I could use Taxjar on my site. The calculation function of Taxjar appears to work but Shopsite does not include the functionality to import the order tax data into my Taxjar account. This is per Taxjar support.

This is a hugh flaw since there is no report of sales tax collected sent to Taxjar and Taxjar cannot autofile reports to the States for us.

Are there any plans for Shopsite to correct this?

Any other users of Taxjar on the board who can comment on how you are handling this?
pci

Re: Taxjar Functions

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:30 am

In your ShopSite's Taxjar configuration do you have the 'Log completed orders with TaxJar' option checked?

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby pci » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:48 pm

No but I do now. Will tax numbers now be reported to my Taxjar account?

Cannot find any instructions on setting up Shopsite for Taxjar. Taxjar says they cannot help because app was done by Shopsite not them.

Are there any instructions on how to Configure Shopsite for Taxjar?
pci

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Click the Help item on ShopSite navbar while you are on the Taxjar configuration screen and it will open a new browser tab to the help documentation for that screen.

Here is what it says about the "Log completed orders with TaxJar" option:

"Set the check box if you wish to have all your orders recorded in TaxJar. You will want to enable this if you use TaxJar Reports and/or TaxJar AutoFile. You can log Order Totals or Order Totals and Products by selecting the appropriate radio button.
Note: order logging is currently only available in the U.S."

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby pci » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Loren thank you very much for your help. Checked the Help Contents and Search and no Taxjar instructions. Who knew to click Help after going to Configure. Should of came here first.

I believe it is set up properly now.
pci

Return to User Forum