Paypal Payments Pro

General ShopSite user discussion

Paypal Payments Pro

Postby VinceS » Tue May 01, 2018 8:35 am

I am having problems getting PayPal Payments Pro to work.
In Payment Setup I have
PayPal Payments Pro selected for Credit Card processing
In Configure I have
Host: Live Server
Authorization Method: Use API Certificate
API Username & PWSD and the API Certificate are filled
Third Party Account is blank
Order PaymentAction: Sale
Display Err Details: Checked
Support Cards: four major CCs checked
CVV Help Text: CVV2 Help
CVV Help URL: http://www.shopsite.com/help/6.2/en-US/sc/pro/cvv2.help.html

When I enter a transaction and submit for processing, the screen hangs for several minutes then I get the following error message:
Error opening new basket database file "/home/ahoycaptain/ss-data/ip/SSMSB2188926721110752962.31620" from "./basket.new" This can be caused if the file "./basket.new" does not exist, or if either directory path has incorrect permissions or ownership. Please alert the store owner that this problem exists.

I should note that I have NOFRAUD installed if that makes a difference and that I have been accepting PayPal payments for customer transactions for many years without issue. But this is a different process I know.

Any help is appreciated.
VinceS

Re: Paypal Payments Pro

Postby cyoung » Tue May 01, 2018 10:30 am

If your PayPal Payments Pro transactions have been working for years in ShopSite and the new factor that has been introduced is nofraud, and now it's not working, then it sounds like a nofraud problem.

FYI, unless you have some other application that can only work with the PayPal API Certificates, then we recommend you switch your PayPal account and then their ShopSite's PayPal settings over to the API Signature instead (only one or the other can be active in the PayPal account). Less prone to error when copying over the simple signature versus the complex certificate. And by nature the certificates expire periodically and occasionally PayPal changes their certificate encryption algorithms, both which would require generating a new certificate.
cyoung

Postby VinceS » Wed May 02, 2018 7:24 am

Thanks for the reply CYOUNG but you misunderstood my post.
PayPal Express Checkout, which is what I said I've been using without issue, is not the same as PayPal Payments Pro, which is what I'm having problems implementing.
PayPal Express Checkout is adding Paypal as a payment option for the customers purchase. PayPal Payments Pro is a payment gateway and merchant account. Very different.
But thanks for the effort.
VinceS

Postby ShopSite David » Fri May 04, 2018 4:14 pm

We suggest first disabling/turning off NOFRAUD and see if that resolves the basket.new issue.
-David H.
ShopSite, Inc.
http://www.shopsite.com
ShopSite David
Site Admin

Return to User Forum