Orders Not Showing up but Getting Notification from PayPal

General ShopSite user discussion

Orders Not Showing up but Getting Notification from PayPal

Postby Kevin_S » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:06 am

First time poster here... I am the developer\admin for a car show website that uses ShopSite to sell "spaces" for car show vendors\ehibitors. This a spring and fall activity so the first order just came in for the fall and the usual email from PayPay, but the order didn't show up in "Orders" in ShopSite as it normally would. This is still early in the season since the show is not until November so orders will trickle in at first. ShopSite was set up on website several years ago and has had no issues so I don't know if this is an isolated indicent or if something has changed either on the PayPal end or the ShopSite end. Just looking for some guidance on how to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks! Kevin
Kevin_S

Re: Orders Not Showing up but Getting Notification from PayP

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:15 am

What ShopSite version do you have, and what PayPal method are you using?

I would recommend PayPal Express Checkout rather than PayPal Standard, and if your version of ShopSite is older than 12 sp2 r4 then you will need to upgrade due to the TLS 1.0 changes (and most other payment gateways/services) made earlier this year (see http://support.shopsite.com/KBase/questions/2581/).

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby Kevin_S » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:02 am

Thanks so much for the reply! My current version is pretty old (version 10 sp2) so i will start with upgrading that!
Kevin_S

Postby Kevin_S » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:47 am

i tried to ftp to support.shopsite.com and ftp.shopsite.com as outlined here:

https://help.shopsite.com/help/upgrading.html

but i have the free version of shopsite and I think the username password that gets me into my website's instance of shopsite doesn't work with ftp. i didn't purchase my copy from ShopSite (i installed the free version years ago and now needs to be upgraded) so do i have to buy the upgrade to get ftp access? I only have 5 products and they don't ever really change so maybe just re-installing the free version? Thanks! Kevin
Kevin_S

Return to User Forum