Adding a Link to my Shopping Cart on Product Pages

General ShopSite user discussion

Adding a Link to my Shopping Cart on Product Pages

Postby PhoenixAmplification » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:34 pm

I'm using Shopsite Starter 12.3 for now, and I would like to add a link to the shopping cart on my product pages. Currently the only way to get back to the cart is to add another product. Anyone know how to accomplish this?
PhoenixAmplification

Re: Adding a Link to my Shopping Cart on Product Pages

Postby PhoenixAmplification » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:04 am

Never mind, thanks for the reads. Just found where Starter does not support having a link to the cart on product pages :oops: . Pretty stupid if you ask me, almost seems like Starter is the Y2K version, but then again, it’s dirt cheap so I guess that’s to be expected. Problem is, I’m just starting and don’t really do enough volume to have monthly fees for everything under the sun. :(
PhoenixAmplification

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:15 am

It's not that it's Starter, the theme you are using just happens to have the default cart link in the header along with links to a lot of non-Starter features like Customer Registration, Wish Lists, Gift Certificates, and Search, so I guess it was just easier for the theme designer to not include that entire section if the store didn't have those features.

Note that you can still add View Cart links to your global Navigation menus, I would suggest one in the top and one in the bottom menus. You could also manually add a View Cart link or button via HTML in the Header and/or Footer in Preferences > Hosting Service.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby PhoenixAmplification » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:34 am

Got it working! Clarissa from the shopsite team sent me a screen shot of what to do, and it works great and looks good! Thanks for the replies! :D
PhoenixAmplification

Return to User Forum