Questions about SEND TRACKING INFO in Order Manager

General ShopSite user discussion

Questions about SEND TRACKING INFO in Order Manager

Postby silken » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi,
We have both domestic and international customers. We use USPS for domestic shipping and DHL for international shipping. I have several questions regarding using the Order Manager button to customize tracking info.

First, there is a lovely section in Order Config where I can write the body of the email. However, since I am using different services I would like to have the option of one email body for USPS, and another for DHL. Otherwise, if I put both options in the body, I get something like this:

[b][i]Dear debbie,
Thank you for your order 17116. It has now been shipped and you should be able to start tracking it.

Domestic orders may be tracked by entering your tracking number GM295117257096942991 using this link: GM295117257096942991

International Orders may be tracked entering your tracking number GM295117257096942991 using this link: GM295117257096942991[/i][/b]

However, as you can see, it puts the international number (in this case) in both fields (for domestic and international).

I have added DHL as a custom shipping option (for some reason it comes up as 'Extra Shipper' instead of allowing me to name it). I am thinking that if I could configure the separate shipper options with their own tracking comments, then I could possibly accomplish what I need. But I don't see any way of doing that either.

Any help on this would be appreciated! The link that is provided for international orders works and will make us a lot more efficient.

Thanks,
Debbie
silken

Re: Questions about SEND TRACKING INFO in Order Manager

Postby loren_d_c » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:31 pm

You don't need to include separate sections in the body, because only the link specifically for the shipping type of that order will be used. So instead of:

Code: Select all
To track your domestic shipment click here
To track your international shipment click here

you just need:

Code: Select all
To track your shipment click here

i.e. no need for different links because only the link that applies to that order need be provided to the shopper.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Postby silken » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Thanks, of course! I'm an idiot sometimes. Thanks for not making fun of me!
Debbie
silken

Postby silken » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:16 pm

By the way, is there any way to change the name, EXTRA SHIPPER, to DHL?
silken

Postby loren_d_c » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:29 am

No, no way to change that label that appears in the pull-down in the backoffice when you are sending the shipping link to the shopper, but note that that name is never sent to the shopper, either.
loren_d_c

Postby silken » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:33 am

Thanks, Loren, as always.
silken

Return to User Forum