Setting up product with different sizes

General ShopSite user discussion

Setting up product with different sizes

Postby Swine » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 am

It's been a long time since we sold any type of clothing offered in different sizes. All of my searches of the forum brought back results that were posted ten or more years ago. I'm sure that ShopSite has changed a bunch since then, so I thought I'd ask the question to see if I could get current responses.

Need to set up a new product - a jacket - that will come in sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL, -. Many years ago I would have created a base product: Men's Jacket. Then I would have created separate products for each size, each with their own SKU, and made them part of a sub-group in the base product. I no longer see a sub-group in the product window.

So, my question is, what is the best, modern-day way to create a product with sizing, wherein I get a different SKU for each size so I can track inventory. Ideally, J-S, J-M, J-L, J-XL, and so forth.

Oh, and I'm on ShopSite Pro 12.
Eric
Swine

Re: Setting up product with different sizes

Postby cyoung » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:19 am

There is still the option to use sub-products. Once you select a product a tool bar will appear near the top of the screen, on the far right of the toolbar there will be a ( . . .) click on it and a drop-down menu will appear revealing the options to select sub-products and an option to arrange sub-products.

In ShopSite Pro you could also use Advanced Order Options to create a drop-down menu for your products, which allows for multiple SKU's, Pricing, . Advanced Order Options Help, https://help.shopsite.com/help/12.0/en-US/sc/pro/advanced.ordering.options.html
Advanced order options is located under products> edit Product info> Order options> advanced options>.
cyoung

Postby Swine » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:42 am

Thanks! I'll have a look.
Eric
Swine

Postby Swine » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 am

So I have my sub-products but the pulldown option shows only the price, not the actual size. The prices are the same on all sizes.

I have each pulldown option listed as the size, but it instead lists the prices as a pulldown. Help?
Eric
Swine

Postby Swine » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:59 am

Ok. Never mind. Apparently I have a custom template that is interfering with the ordering options.
Eric
Swine

Return to User Forum