Required Options V14

General ShopSite user discussion

Required Options V14

Postby misgperson » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:26 pm

It appears that the ";n" that makes the option block "required" after the default option in the Pull-down Menus no longer works in version 14 templates.
I am using ShopSite Version 14.0 r2 Release with version 14 templates.
Is there code somewhere that needs to be applied to turn this back on or does it now need to be controlled through some kind of script?
Thanks for your help.
misgperson

Re: Required Options V14

Postby cyoung » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:23 am

Which theme are you using in ShopSite v14?

I did a test in my v14 store and it let me select the ;n titles, but it would not let me checkout without selecting the pull downs. I'd be happy to test it again using the same theme as you are.

Feel free to contact ShopSite directly, for assistance. 801-705-4100 or email questions@shopsite.com
cyoung

Postby misgperson » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:25 am

I am trying it on the "Slab" theme.
What theme were you using to test. The older ones seem to do ok with the ;n.
I have tried it on all of the version 14 themes and it seems to do the same for me.
misgperson

Postby cyoung » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:45 pm

New v14 themes
I tested it in several different new and old themes including Slab (District, Lighthearted, Stygian, Dauntless, Airy, and several otheres). Both the new and older themes did the same thing. When drop down options were not selected and the checkout button was clicked a popup appeared “the highlighted option(s) require a selection.” The only difference I noticed is that the newer ones highlight in yellow while the older themes highlight in Red.

If this isn't the result you are getting can you send us a link to an example product so we can better see what is happening in your store specifically?
cyoung

Return to User Forum