data-vocabulary.org schema deprecated

General ShopSite user discussion

data-vocabulary.org schema deprecated

Postby MgmtSpec » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Hello,

I'm using Fearless theme on SS Pro 14.
Google Search Console sent a warning about "data-vocabulary.org schema deprecated"

Is the theme going to be updated in a feature update/patch?

Otherwise where specifically will I find the file(s) to edit that?

Thanks!
MgmtSpec

Re: data-vocabulary.org schema deprecated

Postby cyoung » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:02 pm

Are you using all of the stock template/theme files or have you customized some of the templates or includes?

All of the stock themes had references to data-vocabulary.org changed over to schema.org back in version 12 sp2 r2 in 2016. If you made custom copies of template files from before that time, or have old pages on the site created by an older version that are no longer updated by ShopSite, you could run into this problem.

You can contact ShopSite directly with more details, by phone or email, 801-705-4100, info-team@shopsite.com
cyoung

Postby MgmtSpec » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:47 pm

I did copy and modify some parts of the theme.
MgmtSpec

Postby loren_d_c » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:26 am

Then to resolve this you could enable the 'Insert an html comment before each include file' option in Utilities > Publish and regenerate your store, then look for the comments in the source of the pages to see which of your customized include files the data-vocabulary references are coming from, then compare those to the current default file and update your customized file to use the newer schema.org references.

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum