How Can I Create a Facebook Catalog From Shopsite Pro

General ShopSite user discussion

How Can I Create a Facebook Catalog From Shopsite Pro

Postby notvinnie » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:59 am

Hello All,

I understand that shopsite pro allows for the creation of a Google Merchant Center feed, which I have done.

However, ideally I would also like to do this with a Facebook Catalog as well.

Does shopsite allow for submitting products to Facebook Catalog or creating a feed that could be uploaded to Facebook Catalog?

Many Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
notvinnie

Re: How Can I Create a Facebook Catalog From Shopsite Pro

Postby lneibauer » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:02 pm

I would love to know the answer as well
lneibauer

Re: How Can I Create a Facebook Catalog From Shopsite Pro

Postby loren_d_c » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:10 pm

ShopSite doesn't have a specific connection or export for Facebook Catalog, however since you can import your product data in a CSV format to Facebook Catalog you can just export from ShopSite in a tab-delimited format, open the file in a spreadsheet like Excel, and export it in CSV format.

You can download ALL products from ShopSite via Utilities > Database > Download, or you can download specific products via Products, search for the specific products you want and select them, then click the download icon (the little downward-pointing arrow that will appear in about the middle of the row of icons) above the product list.

Note that when you download products from ShopSite in 'Tab-delimited text file format' you can choose to download 'Selected fields only' and only select the fields that are required by Facebook Catalog, but even better would be to choose 'Use field map' so you could create a mapping and not only select the fields to download, but re-order them, rename the header, and save it so you can simply choose this field map again for future Facebook Catalog downloads.

Here is Facebook's doc on how to upload your feed file:
https://www.facebook.com/business/help/125074381480892?id=725943027795860
And here's their doc describing the required fields:
https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1898524300466211?id=725943027795860

-Loren
loren_d_c

Return to User Forum