Buy Two, Get One Free - Equal or Lesser Value

General ShopSite user discussion

Buy Two, Get One Free - Equal or Lesser Value

Postby Rgkopchak » Tue May 14, 2019 11:21 am

I'm thinking this cannot be done, but I thought I'd double check.

Looking to set something up like "Buy Two, Get One Free of Equal or Lesser Value". Seems like I can get close with "Rewards", but I'm not seeing a way to limit the "Free" item based on price.

If there is a way to accomplish this I'm not thinking of... please let me know!
Rgkopchak

Re: Buy Two, Get One Free - Equal or Lesser Value

Postby Rgkopchak » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:12 am

Bump, just in case this has been addressed in the last year!
Rgkopchak

Postby Rgkopchak » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 am

Guessing the lack of response is confirmation that "no it cannot be done".

If you have a feature request list, I'd like to add this.

Very often we have a promotion along the lines of "Buy 2, Get 1 of Equal or Lesser value Free".

It would be great if there was a way to have some criteria that would allow you to set this up, with exclusions like you have on coupons.

I love ShopSite, but the lack of flexibility in Promotions has been a constant struggle for us.
Rgkopchak

Postby kevin » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:34 pm

You've probably seen this article already but this is the best bogo reward write up I've seen on what shopsite can do.

https://www.lexiconn.com/blog/2009/12/customer-rewards-program-with-shopsite-two-approaches-to-bogo/
kevin

Postby koryb1 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:31 am

Reviving an old thread that I just stumbled upon, after reading the Lexiconn article referenced previously, setting up Buy Two, Get One Free is definitely doable using ShopSite's Rewards Program. Simply set up your Categories (need different categories for Qualifying products and Rewards products) and then configure the Reward.

For Buy Two, you'd use the Qualifying Category products with a Qualifying Quantity of 2, which would then trigger One Free item from Rewards Category products.

Similarly, you could do BOGO, free item with purchase, buy 3 items for the price of 2, etc.

However, I did run into one shortcoming (thank you Lexiconn for helping me figure this out). We've had a Buy 10 Get 1 Free program (works with a specific product category of shoes only) for years and it's worked well. I wanted to also give a "free shoe bag with purchase" on the same shoes that are part of our B10GO program, but ShopSite apparently doesn't support that. Because the shoes are already part of one Rewards program, I apparently can't offer a 2nd Reward on the same item.

Are there any workarounds for this? Is there a logical reason why this limitation would be in place?

Thanks in advance,

Kory
koryb1

Postby Rgkopchak » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:39 am

Thanks for the response. But would this address my issue where you need to limit the "Free" item to be of equal or lesser value?

What I'm trying to do is put my entire store on B2G1 for a limited time. But the third item has to be of equal or lesser value. So I could put everything in the Qualifying Category. Everything in the Reward Category... but I'm not seeing how to limit what is chosen in the reward category to be of equal or lesser value than the Qualifying category.

If I'm missing something, please let me know, and thanks again for taking the time to respond.
Rgkopchak

Postby koryb1 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:49 pm

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to do what you describe.

The Rewards Program is good, but I see 3 major limitations:

1. Can't force the Reward Item to be "equal or lesser value" (to allow for proper B2G1 promotions).

2. Reward is a free item only. It would be nice to be able to offer Buy One, Get One at XX% Off, etc.

3. Products should be allowed to be included in more than one Rewards Category.

Thanks,

Kory
koryb1

Postby Rgkopchak » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:33 am

Ah well, thanks for taking the time. Maybe this will help someone else in the future.
Rgkopchak

Postby koryb1 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:59 am

For what it's worth, I submitted an Enhancement Request.
koryb1

Return to User Forum